Racial, Ethnic & Tribal Philanthropy Knowledge Center
The Racial, Ethnic and Tribal Philanthropy Knowledge Center shares information, stories
and how-to resources to support racial, ethnic, and tribal philanthropy.
This information is useful for:
- Community leaders and donors thinking about starting a philanthropy program in their own community
- Existing programs that want to learn and connect with others about growing and sustaining their efforts
- Donors, funders, and public and community foundations – who can be critical partners in supporting, hosting, and organizing racial, ethnic and tribal philanthropy
- Anyone who is curious about racial, ethnic and tribal philanthropy
In This Area
- Racial, Ethnic & Tribal Philanthropy: The Basics
Racial, ethnic and tribal philanthropy definition and description, community and personal benefits, research and resources, why and how the Forum is involved.
- Set Up a Racial, Ethnic or Tribal Fund, Foundation or Giving Circle
Determine mission and goals, fund type, donor giving levels and motivations, staff and board structure, fundraising priorities, “outside support” and grant focus.
- Manage a Racial, Ethnic or Tribal Fund, Foundation or Giving Circle
Learn about grant review, communications, RFPs, educating members and donors, endowment planning and evaluating how you are doing.
- Host a Racial, Ethnic or Tribal Fund, Foundation or Giving Circle
Information on your readiness and capacity to host, what operational, financial, staff and institutional support is required, and lessons learned.
- Engage Donors
Information on donor education, outreach, and motivations; options for giving; designing donor programs, determining capacity, and how to contact existing programs.
- Understand Communities
Giving practices, research and resources on Native American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian American, Arab American, African American donors and philanthropies.
- Connect to a Racial, Ethnic or Tribal Fund, Foundation or Giving Circle
Fund, foundation and giving circle profiles, success stories, directory of funds, foundations, giving circles and donor education projects.
- Asian American Giving
Asian American Giving promotes stories of individuals engaged in philanthropy, draw attention to the issues in our community, and highlight trends and patterns in charitable giving.
- Diversity in Philanthropy
The Diversity in Philanthropy Project is a voluntary initiative of leading foundation trustees, senior staff and philanthropy network executives committed to increasing diversity through open dialogue and strategic action.
- Cultures of Giving
A program of the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, Cultures of Giving is part of the Unleashing New Resources Initiative. Focusing on leadership, the site provides toolkits for communication, evaluation and policy, among other resources.