The Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers (the Forum) is a national philanthropic leader and a network of 34 regional associations of grantmakers. It supports philanthropy by strengthening the ability of all regional associations to fulfill their missions; these associations promote the growth and effectiveness of philanthropy in order to improve life in their communities.
The Forum organizes its activities and applies its resources against six priorities:
- Strengthen: We strengthen effective and efficient geographic associations and provide support and services to them.
- Connect: We leverage the assets of our network.
- Expand: We promote greater participation in geographic associations.
- Knowledge: We share knowledge and informed practice.
- Voice: We communicate clearly philanthropy’s impact and interests.
- Channels: We develop partnerships based on beneficial exchange.
The Forum’s members represent more than 4,000 foundations, corporations, organizations, and individual donors. We provide professional and association management services for our members and help to leverage our collective resources to support philanthropy across the country.
In This Area
- Board of Directors Roster
Listing of the Forum's current Board of Directors.
- Financial Information
Information on the Forum's finances, funders and auditor's statement.
- Forum Partnerships
The Forum works closely with a number of philanthropic organizations. Read more about our partners.
- Forum Publications
The Forum produces publications on a wide variety of topics and issues in philanthropy. Explore our selection of publications.
- 2012 Year in Review (PDF)
Snapshot of the Forum's major activities in 2012.
- 2013-2015 Forum Strategic Plan (PDF)
Our most recent plan aims to continue the momentum of our previous plan, build on our strengths as a Network, and find ways to increase the Network’s impact on members, issues, and the infrastructure.
- 2011 Forum Operational Plan (PDF)
The Forum's work plan for 2011 highlighting our key activities for the year in relation to our goals and strategies from our current strategic plan.
- Forum Bylaws (PDF)
Review the bylaws and governance of the Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers. Last updated July 26, 2010.
- History of the Forum (PDF)
Learn about the history of the Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers and its members, from the 1940s to the present.