Communications and Connections
Through the Forum, regional associations can communicate with national colleague organizations, with the Forum, and most importantly with each other. Each regional association, depending on its size, scope of its membership, and needs of its constituents, has something unique to offer to the field of philanthropy. The ability to share this information and these experiences with colleagues is one of the Forum's top priorities.
Networking opportunities include:
- Two major meetings a year providing an opportunity to network in person with other regional associations and colleague organizations.
- Several email listservs used to poll fellow regional association staff members.
- Interactive "members only" Web site feature that allows regional associations to share important and useful products, publications, and research.
- Collective participation in national initiatives and grantmaking projects either started or endorsed by the Forum (i.e. Building Grantmaker Effectiveness & Accountability initiative and Knowledge Management initiative).
In This Area
- Google Analytics
This section provides information on how regional associations are using Google Analytics to track and improve the use of their Web sites.
Regional associations of grantmakers can network with one another using the Forum's listserve services.
- Marketing/Branding Project
Here you will find marketing and branding materials developed in partnership with Bob Tobin of the Williams Group.
Networking opportunities for regional association staff and CEOs are one of the most important benefits offered by the Forum and occur throughout the year.
The Forum publishes two e-newsletters for our members to share network updates, highlight the work of regional associations, and provide information from the field.
- Social Media
Learn how regional associations are connecting to their members through online social networking, including strategies, best practices, and other resources.
- Web Content for Regional Associations
High quality vetted content on current philanthropy issues for use in newsletters, Web sites, and other communications vehicles.
- Working with the Media
This section provides sample policies on how regional associaitons work with the media.