Why Do It Together?
- Working together, the Forum and its members have created a more robust, affordable system for all of us.
- Given the caliber of the platform, the world-class developers, the rich feature set available, and the integration between Drupal and Salesforce, to build a comparable system independently would prove prohibitively expensive. Based on pure cost, the shared system provides excellent value for participating partner organizations.
- Furthermore what these direct costs do not reflect are the other types of value derived from doing this work jointly as a network such as the knowledge and support gained from working with peers, innovations from one that can be reused by others, and seamless content sharing.
- Joining this initiative increases the capacity of our members through a more robust content delivery platform and ease coordination of common tasks such as calendaring, public policy actions, grantmaker education, and more.
- This modern Drupal-based system allows us to host multiple organizations websites with a common back-end. The potential for behind-the-scenes collaboration and content sharing are endless. All while lowering the barrier of participation for members by letting them quickly and efficiently access content, regardless of their entry point.
- The open source nature of this project sets up participating organizations, the Forum, and our partners for long-term joint technology projects that will remain fully under our control, freeing us from proprietary agreements.
How Do Individual Members Benefit?
- The Forum embraces the principles and power of the network. This initiative is a concrete demonstration of our commitment to working smart together.
- The KM Initiative has accomplished unparalleled cooperation and collaboration among its members. The partners in this community share a wealth of knowledge that leads to greater successes for each member, all while simplifying and streamlining back office functions.
- Acting together, we can harness the power of this system to deliver better programs and a more satisfying experience to all our members.
Arizona Grantmakers Forum
Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers
Colorado Association of Funders
Connecticut Council for Philanthropy
Council of Michigan Foundations
Council of New Jersey Grantmakers
Florida Philanthropic Network
Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers
Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees
Grantmakers of Western Pennsylvania
Indiana Philanthropy Alliance
Maine Philanthropy Center
Minnesota Council on Foundations
Mission Investors Exchange
Neighborhood Funders Group
Northern California Grantmakers
Philanthropy New York
Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia
San Diego Grantmakers
Southern California Grantmakers
Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers
- Drupal is a powerful, scalable, flexible, and highly interoperable open-source CMS.
- Using Drupal assures a solid technical foundation for our sites and lays the groundwork for a comprehensive content sharing solution for our members.
- Drupal is the most widely used open source CMS with thousands of developers producing new functionality and modules daily. This keeps our sites ever evolving and keeps our members from getting stuck with stale functionality and design.
- Drupal has been embraced by the Federal government with whitehouse.gov and house.gov, as well as the UN, World Bank, and thousands of nonprofits and corporations.
- Any custom modules we develop can be posted back to the Drupal community and used by others, but most importantly, our colleagues and partner organizations can develop tailored modules and widgets to streamline content exchange, enable transactions, track engagement, and mix and match content delivery to suite the unique needs of our users.
- When it comes to Drupal’s modular nature, think of iPhone or Android systems use of apps. You can create and install modules to accomplish a specific task or add new functionality just as you would with an app for your mobile phone.
Salesforce benefits the network and our members in the following ways:
- Improve staff ability to track relationships with and between existing members
- Provide new tools and reporting mechanisms for benchmarking our work
- Seamless integration with our websites, mass-mailing tools and financial systems
- Incredible dashboards, trend analysis, and enagement scoring
The KM Initiative has accomplished unparalleled cooperation and collaboration among its members. The partners in this community share a wealth of knowledge that leads to greater successes for each organization, all while simplifying and streamlining back office functions. Acting together, we can deliver better programs and a more satisfying experience to all our members.