Position: Administrative Associate
Organization: Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers
Location: Washington, DC
The Forum – where philanthropy’s infrastructure comes together.
The Forum is the largest network serving philanthropy in America. We build and leverage the collective power of philanthropy associations and networks to maximize philanthropy's effectiveness in strengthening communities and improving lives throughout the United States.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Administrative Associate provides administrative, operational, communications and member service support to ensure the effectiveness of the Forum in achieving our mission and vision. The role and responsibilities will have a particular emphasis on administrative support of senior staff. Working in collaboration with Forum staff, the Administrative Associate will play a key role in ensuring that the Forum operates in an efficient, professional manner and provides outstanding service and support to our members, partners and other key stakeholders.
The Forum is in the initial stage of implementing an exciting new vision to be the place where philanthropy’s infrastructure comes together, expanding our network to include both regional and national philanthropy-serving organizations. The Administrative Associate will play a pivotal role in ensuring that we are successful in achieving our new vision, serving our members and fulfilling our national leadership role in the philanthropy sector.
The Administrative Associate will contribute as an active member of cross-organization teams and work collaboratively with other staff to advance program and organizational goals.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours) position based in the Forum’s Washington, DC office. Salary starting in the low 50s and negotiable based on skills and experience, with a competitive benefits package including health coverage.
Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
The Forum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse team and encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds.
No telephone inquiries please.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain calendars, schedule meetings, arrange travel, and handle expense reporting and tracking for senior staff, primarily the CEO and Chief Strategy Officer.
- Schedule and coordinate preparation of materials and communications for board and committee meetings and calls.
- Take accurate meeting minutes and create timely reports for board and committee meetings.
- Maintain all corporate files and correspondence records.
- Assist Director of Operations with invoicing, payments, mail processing and general office management duties.
- Manage the general phone line, respond to member inquiries and greet office guests.
- Assist with maintaining accurate and up-to-date information in our database and electronic files.
- Develop and manage office systems and files.
- Provide key administrative and logistical support for the Forum’s annual conference, meetings and events.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree strongle preferred.
- Experience with managing calendars, travel, and expense reports.
- Experience handling general office management duties.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Particularly Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience using customer relationship management systems and databases; experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong attention to detail and strong planning and organizational skills.
- Professional demeanor, strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a part of a team.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a wide range of tasks and projects, and ability to prioritize.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to, and passion for the Forum’s mission.
- Sense of humor and commitment to excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group.
The Forum team has identified the following core competencies as critical for our work:
- Building Relationships
- Communicating Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Agility
- Supporting Organizational Goals
|Forum Position Description - Administrative Associate.pdf||604.23 KB|